Tag as favorite Previous Topic Next Topic
Weaponsmith
recurve-ranger Offline
#1 Posted : 23 November 2012 23:29:04

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi,

I took weaponsmith apprentice at the Gathering, and I've been through the OSP guide and am wondering if to continue down that path or spend my OSPs at the archers guild.?

I see for 40 OSP's I can craft a 'level 2' weapon and for 50 a 'level 3'. But what's the difference? Is level 2 a different type of damage (e.g: silver or enchanted depending on materials used) and level 3 gives you a bonus (e.g: enchanted strikedown)?

Thanks,

Dan
OC: Dan
IC: Baxio the Elf, of the Coterie (Unicorns branch)
Salem Red Offline
#2 Posted : 24 November 2012 17:19:20

Medals:

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 32 post(s)
I' going to guess that you didn't actually make a weapon at the event, the guys at the guilds are usually very good at explaining stuff like this.

With the right skills you can make your weapons have funky effects, and the higher the level you have it, the better effects you can produce.

So at the first level you can make a slightly better sword, and and the 2nd tier you can make a second weapon with a different effect.
(at the third level you can make a level 1, 2 and 3 weapon!)

I'm sure you've seen people with lammies attached to their swords, this is how you produce those lammies.

Any other questions, post them up or PM and I'm sure you'll get a quick answer!
This character is now deceased, You will not get an IC response without a rite...
planegate Offline
#3 Posted : 24 November 2012 18:03:37

Medals:

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Goto the guild to find out what you can make and for how much as these change, so anything even told now could be slightly diff, this is to balance the game.

Once you have seen the list you can decide if you can afford to be able to make lvl 2 weapons or if something else is more interesting to you, whatever happens go visit and stay in contact with both guilds, theres alot of good roleplay going on even if your not buying the skills yet, you may find out now things.
Voice of Sanity - "Was that useful? Click Thank"
Yes I can be sarcastic, when you read the rulebook... i'll stop... a bit :D
recurve-ranger Offline
#4 Posted : 25 November 2012 23:35:37

Medals:

I did visit the guild, roleplayed, become an apprentice smith and made a crafted weapon (level 1.) I had quite a long conversation with them, it was explained I could make better weapons but I wasn't told what skills I needed, how many OSP's I'd need, what I could make at each tier of skill or how much the materials would cost.

They said I could make 'weapons with silver or with materials to make them enchanted, and weapons that could not be shattered or dropped from the hand', but I wasn't told which skill I'd need to make these, although I did ask what I would need after apprentice smith to accomplish this.

I do plan on having the conversation IC, I would just like to know if I can achieve what I hope to achieve with a level 2 weapon as it'll be all my OSP's for this season gone. Will be having IC conversations with the archers guild too as I want to join them.

Thanks,

Dan
Ananasii Offline
#5 Posted : 26 November 2012 00:44:41

Medals:

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I did a fair amount of talking to people about weapon smithing at the Gathering - if you are one of the ones I spoke to, you have my apologies that I left you with questions unanswered.

I wont post on here what can be made at what levels, as it's frowned upon (it detracts from roleplay, and takes the Live out of LARP), however the armourers guild ave their own forums, including private sections for weapon and armour smiths which do have the previous years crafting lists on them, if you would like to sign up there and request access to the private sections -

http://www.armourersguild.com/forum/

One other thing I have to mention is it is strict Armourers guild policy to not give the prices to make anything to anyone who cant make it, so no matter what no one in the guild will give you the costs involved in making artisan level items until you have actual learn the Artisan level skill.
IC Kage-Kitsune Miso

OOC Wayne Caygill, just a player, nothing else
1 user thanked Ananasii for this useful post.
recurve-ranger on 27/11/2012
recurve-ranger Offline
#6 Posted : 27 November 2012 23:24:47

Medals:

I guess it's difficult because I didn't know the OSP's involved OOC, this was my first event, wheras a character who was a players second character will know all this information OOC. So I'm trying to ask IC and OOC info at the same time and it gets very confusing.

The level of roleplaying at the guilds was great and the characters were very friendly.

Am all sorted now, I know which direction I want to go in now

Dan
Yal Offline
#7 Posted : 28 November 2012 12:13:52

Medals:

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 38 post(s)
You can also come down the Archers guild, we are usually less busy than the Armorers, and since we also have a crafting skill I'll be more than happy to take you through the mechanics, and explain why our Archery skills are so much better ;o)

MP
Operor non adepto cattus iratus , vos mos non amo him ut sit iratus.
Dodgybren Offline
#8 Posted : 28 November 2012 15:20:53

Medals:

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Yal wrote:
You can also come down the Archers guild, we are usually less busy than the Armorers, and since we also have a crafting skill I'll be more than happy to take you through the mechanics, and explain why our Archery skills are so much better ;o)

MP

Or join the scouts, no crafting skills but we are much prettier and better ;-)
Bren Scouts 1ic.
all round dodgy Irish man
recurve-ranger Offline
#9 Posted : 28 November 2012 21:51:53

Medals:

Is it possible to work for more than one guild?
Dodgybren Offline
#10 Posted : 29 November 2012 00:11:37

Medals:

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 15 post(s)
recurve-ranger wrote:
Is it possible to work for more than one guild?

Very much so, you can feel free to join and roleplay with as many or as few guilds as you like.

But we are still the prettiest.
Bren Scouts 1ic.
all round dodgy Irish man
Moirdryd Offline
#11 Posted : 08 December 2012 17:44:02

Medals:

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
It's true. The scouts guild DID look lovely with all those drapes and cushions at the Gathering, very cozy. I approve and will be attempting to implement a similar level of luxury in the Armourers.
Maddyn
Ard Scabhta (High Scout) Dragons' Faction
Leinster's Lord of the Hunt
Chosen of Cerberus
Armourer sergeant
Bank runner

...generally a rather busy Wolf-Hound Beastkin
Sir Ophiuchus Offline
#12 Posted : 09 December 2012 04:24:55

Medals:

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Moirdryd wrote:
It's true. The scouts guild DID look lovely with all those drapes and cushions at the Gathering, very cozy. I approve and will be attempting to implement a similar level of luxury in the Armourers.

If anything could have induced me to put one foot in the Scouts' Guild (purely an IC thing, you're lovely people, honest, don't kill me...), I'm sure I'd have loved the look. :)
IC: Daire Ó Draoi
OC: Stephen from Ireland

Formerly Tomás Mac Carthaigh
Tag as favorite